Monday, February 27, 2023

Book Review: "This Time Tomorrow" By Emma Straub



 I have to tend to agree with several of the reviewers that mentioned that we have to start holding authors accountable for the endings that go nowhere with zero changes.

While nobody needs constant rotational plots that are highly evolved we would like some sort of closure on the characters, their plots, and their actions.

For me the fact a 40 yo women is trying to travel back in time to 16yo to see if she can stop her dad's end stage illness is nothing short of trying to stop the hands of time.

We cannot play God nor expect something to change when we have no control and we certainly can't partake in drugs, parties, or living life beyond our control and think that'll ease the pain.

Alcohol, drugs, partying to the hilt only escalates said problems it's never a solution to them and it's unfortunate that this is even an option.

My fatther is 80 yo and just passed 17 days earlier from end stage cancer that ravaged his body. While I've never seen eye to eye because we're both from that same apple tree I'd give anything to have one more day. To think I'd want to contemplate reliving my life at 16 yo when he was healthy would be insanity because I wanted mature enough to realize the value of life.

It's taken years of pain, angst, and living a life of torrment to achieve the success I now possess and the wisdom that comes from aging, growing old, and learning as you go.

Time travel and sci-fi isn't the easiest topic to conquer and for some authors it's out of the league of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment