Sunday, February 12, 2023

Book Review: "Sister Stardust" By Jane Green




First and foremost I must say thank you to Osterhout Free Library for getting me this hardcover copy.

Jane Green is a good friend and fantastic author but this for me wasn't my cup of tea.

As it seemed to be all about sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, the sixties theme, and partying like there's no tomorrow.

There wasn't much excitement to maintain by interests but there was some situations that almost made my mark.

There's our main gal Claire aka Cece and she's been busy with drugs, music, communal living and whatever else.

Close friends like Dave and Lissy are currently dealing with Dave's abuse and Lissy hiding it all.

While Claire's interested in Lissy as more than just friends.

The fact that Dave eventually passed away. That others wished him ill.

Oh, and the fact that everyone was drugged up to the hilt just didn't do it here.

I suppose the ending with Benji might be the nail in this coffin but it really wasn't my thing.

However, variety is the spice of life so try it on for size and see if it fits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment