Friday, February 3, 2023

Book Review: "Love and Justice" By Maya Moore Irons and Jonathan Irons

 



First and formost, Praise be to God!

In reading this masterpiece, of triumphant love and glorious justice, I had noticed a few bible scriptures but noticed one you missed. The one that helped me move forward in faith upon being homeless and in extreme poverty, with 3 kids the eldest med disabled from birth, with two more high risk babies. If God is for me, who can be against me? Romans 8:31

You see much like Jonathan (my eldest son's name born 5 wks early with Vater Syndrome -now 22yo) I was often asked as an unwed mom of three, in extreme poverty, having been catapulted to marry a malignant narc (the Jekyll and Hyde leader) and now, divorced in '13 left bankrupt, homeless, and LT unemployed to this day - Weren't you mad, didn't you want to get even, why did the system fail us all so miserably? If there's a God why am I here in this situation?

We often can't see God working & must stay in faith because we know God didn't create to vegetate. We are created with a purpose and doing our purpose in serving others and the Lord is our purpose!

Maya Moore - You are a woman of strength, power, and determination. With a will of iron/steel forged by beauty and the truths to seek justice.

I cannot process being arrested at 16 ( a baby) and then tossed into the walls of "Castle Grayskull" as Jonathan Irons stated. To fight for survival is something I can relate too by being in poverty since 2010 when I was tossed out like yesterday's trash wilst my utilties were turned off forcing me out of our home even with an active protection order. However, I cannot in this context with hungry wolves circling trying to rape and or kill you every single day.

* To have to live this horror is something I hope the state repays/compensates your family for in every regard.

Your story is the reason why so many of us speak out against injustices. It's why I've fought family courts here in the corruption capital of Pennsylvania -the Valley with a Heart - which has anything but heart in today's times. We're known for the Kids for Cash scandal and believe me that's only the tip of it!

Love and Justice has shown what it means to believe in a higher power. To trust in the process of building a relationship with a strong foundation of support. It's opened the world's eye to the changes we must make both racially and within our criminal justice system.

As an auntie to multi-racial children I must tell you that our system is seen as black and white & that's part of the problem as we're diverse, multi-cultural , and wise beyond our years.

The dumbing down of society, the societal norms to accept this as the norm, the fact we need to train our courtroom workers, and allow legal ramifications against prosecutors in accountability must be fixed!

As a Points of Light recipient (George H.W. Bush) I can attest that there's so much pain in our world especially for victims of abuse, trauma, and the reformation of our criminal justice system.

What gives me hope is people like yourself and Jonathan who refuse to give up and continue to fight the good fight.

So, I'll close with this real life situation: As a former minister of hospitality -(a late 40 white female amongst all older white male ushers) I had found myself having a collection basket ripped out of my hand before I knew what happened while serving as usher for collection. I was serving my Lord as I always had done w/o ever a complaint as a 20 yr volunteer being given the highest award our nation honors from our 41st President of USA and here I was being frightened to death in Sunday morning mass by these so called religious Catholic men. I was told by the Vicar that these men, " Need time to come around to this new line of thinking."

Maya I cannot imagine in today's day and age that we can be so far behind in our times that we continue to allow injustices to happen. I can write an entire book alone on what I've experienced here in Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania in Luzerne County.

I'll save that for another day because this is about your story and I'm so honored & blessed to have been given this Goodreads Giveaway copy.

I received this on January 28th and I waited till today to read it for one reason. I wanted to devote the time, attention, and care this book deserved.

You're both such a shining example of perseverance, sacrifice, commitment, love, justice, and faith in the face of insurmounable odds! The leadership presented in Jonathan to become a better person through his own education and workmanship behind bars while striving to set himself free in being able to love another through it all is just remarkable. The love that was shown between you both in your writings between each other jumps off the page and grabs your soul!

For you to have ended your career at the peak of your prime in WNBA and beyond is remarkable. I know because I did the same for my spouse & twenty years later cannot re-enter the workforce having raised three kids solo from my own 11 year union.

For you to have fought so hard when others may have doubted you is the epitamy of selflessness. God will see you through!

God bless your family and may he keep you in his prayers!

Thank you for this hardcover copy in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment