Saturday, February 18, 2023

Book Review: "Survive the Night" By Riley Sager

 



First off I'm a local near where Riley Sager resided in the lovely Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. When he discusses I-80, Olyphant, the heart shaped hot tubs at the former Cove Pocono Resorts it makes me cringe and not with excitement. I feel sorry for the guy that he too resided near Tobacco Road as my dad calls it where everything goes to die.

With this said, I'm still stuck here in Northeastern Pennsylvania so what I can tell you is yes, the deer are dumb and run into cars and yes, we have tons of woods and lots of diners.

As for the rest, I must agree with many reviewers this was almost laughable at how unbelievable it was and I'm currently residing in the area.

The fact, that the grandmother Marge was involved, the fact that Charlie can't recall truth from fiction, the fact you get in the car with strangers and then ponder if you might be in danger is mind blowing.

Ok, the rest with the car under water, the boyfriend shackled going down, the fact that Marge dies eventually from her illness, and the fact that the ending was a match made in heaven is even more bizarre.

Because you wouldn't expect someone who was once petrified of a man named Josh/Jake or whatever to then go gaga and go on talking about all things movies is just like WTH just happened here.

It leaves me shaking my head more than enjoying the premise, plot, or heck the writing in general.
I have read every book by Riley Sager except the newest ones because this author doesn't like to talk to speed readers apparently.

Heck, all good I have plenty to keep me entertained but I won't falter in placing a review and calling the shots how I see them or was that a stabbing or two.

Welp, off to the next. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment