Saturday, February 18, 2023

Book Review: "Treasure State" By C.J. Box




One of the things I normally like about CJ Box is his ability to bring attention to the political culture, the current state of affairs, the life that always seems to hang in the balance while striking a cord with his characters thrilling and suspenseful action.

This for me was more of a statement piece about being against mask wearing, against having strong female characters that don't require constant fat shaming, and against the very moral fabric of the true heroes inside the hospitals those who worked endlessly to save lives from the ravaging pandemic.

I'll be honest as I sit here today typing this I never thought that person would be me. I'm extremely cautious and yet I just was confirmed with pneumonia & an hour upon ER discharge confirmed with Covid and sepsis.
Folks, I'd be the first to tell you it's no damn joke! Millions have died. In fact, the day I was confirmed 2/10/23 was the same day my dad passed in Florida (I'm in PA) from end stage cancer in which morphine was administered for comfort after suffering a heart attack with atrial fibrillation, weakened heart (cardiomyopathy) and aortic valve stenosis among lung/kidney issues at 80 yo.

Please stop the insanity and wisen the hell up!

As for the writing it wasn't anything that I'd write home about but it was ok. I didn't write or jot notes which is my clue that I wasn't all that invested as I normally am having read all his work.

Thank you to my local library for this hard cover copy! Please support your own local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment