Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Book Review: The Drinking Game By Sarah Levy




Read this in one sitting on my way to a high school championship game.

The reason I picked it up is the fact that while my kids are in college my daughter has been dabbling in the cool gang in her Sophomore year in college and it worries me deeply.

You never know how much peer pressure is out there to go with the flow especially when you're in athletics and everyone looks up to you and your talents to maintain the perfect 4.0.

So, I can feel for Sarah Levy and her choices to belong and go along and how dating adds to this a whole new flavor of acceptance.

Location, location may or may not also play a heavy role and it's imperative to understand it's much easier to go through life sober than blacked out.

It was a good read in that Sarah discussed her personal battles, her war with black outs, her meetings with AA, and how she overcame it all.

I'm proud for her to have accomplished being sober.

Thank you Osterhout Free Library for this hardcover copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment