Saturday, February 25, 2023

Book Review: "Wrong Place Wrong Time" By Gillian McAllister

 



Wrong Place Wrong Time and for those who didn't get an ARC and aren't subjected to give an automatic 5 star because of the ARC offering this will be filed under wrong book!

Look, I'm not much into sci-fi nor time travel and this book was for me closer to a 4 or 5 initially but then the Back to the Future came clawing it's way out with the Groundhog Day appeal and I was like ok, but that ending? Like was it all for show? Nothing happened and the son was never in trouble.

So, really I get the whole Russian Doll thing with the multiple layers and had there had been a stronger ending this would've been a 4 or 5 banger but I can't for the life of me understand the point of the epilogue and I read a hardcover not audio.

The fact that Todd her son stabbed a man and then she gets clues from the past for each day the mother revisits was a central factor.

However, Todd's mother's family was involved in some shady deals with real estate and trying to make ends meet for the family and so organized crime is what we end up with collecting.

Several twists were also exhibited during this novel that really added shock value especially around the immediate families involvement in these alleged crimes but it all fell short in the end for me with that epilogue.

So, sorry but I didn't receive an ARC and if I did I would still be honest and tell readers the truth.
Till we meet again, The Secret Book Sleuth!

No comments:

Post a Comment