Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Book Review: "The Girl in the Castle" By James Patterson

 



This is more a PSA on mental health and how all women are viewed as crazy rather than a thriller or even a YA book.

I'm not sure even the JP notes in the end helped the situation because at that point I'd lost interest.
It was like a kid entering a candy shop but leaving without the candy and just a good story to tell about how he wanted to have the candy and eat his cake too.

J.P. for me is always a hit or miss. Sometimes when he does the author buddy system it's not as good as if he goes solo yet, I must applaud for trying.

It just didn't have that piece that just shocked me into atril fib and didn't have the thrilling aspect for me to really give it much beyond 3 stars.

The dual timelines didn't phase me and the book flowed nicely however, when I read a thriller, YA, time travel that's what I expect and this didn't really capture those points for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment