Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Book Review: "It Starts With Us" By Colleen Hoover

 



First and foremost it's important to give love to our local libraries, and in so doing, I must thank them, for this LP hard cover copy.

Secondly, if you've not read It Ends with Us I think you'd still be fine here with It Starts with Us as Colleen does a great job providing past details.

This book is all about second chances and you know they always say life is stranger than fiction.

I'm so on board with Lilly/Atlas and Lily's ex-spouse Ryle. I've been there and done that and I'd never go back.
It seems that time has a funny way of bringing things together and tearing others apart.

In this case, everyone could use an Atlas in their lives. It appears sadly, these two never got the ball rolling as teans but hell now it's rolling everywhere - in closets, on beds, oh, ...wait, I'm sorry--I digress!

Speaking of balls what's up Ryle's arse? Seriously, this abusive toxic filth needs to get steppin' and stop abusing women.

Having lived this life up to almost 50 in three months time, I can tell you ladies to beware--men do come out of the woodwork once you split/separate/divorce. You know that casual like emoji on a dating app, the subtle txt, the journal? No, did you say...journal? I dating a boy in my teens, heavy drinker, club type, long hair, the whole nine-fast forward at 49 he's come back to date. I don't know if he's drunk (he claims sober for 11 years) or he hit his head or what but hell, that's a hard, NO!

Oh, boy --Yes, indeed some did keep journals back in the day and it might just be time to spill the beans wouldn't ya say - Lilly/Atlas?

Ha! I loved everything about these two quirky characters as well as the fact that Lilly's doing all this while dealing with separation/divorce, child support, custody arrangements, single parenting and the dating scene & while breastfeeding a one year old child -Emma!

Meanwhile, we also uncover some extended family here and some addition dilemmas with all of that including gender reveal issues.

This had everything from soup to nuts and it was a fun ride to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment