Sunday, February 19, 2023

Book Review: The Good Patient By Alex Stone

 



This was quite a different scenario with Lauren feeling compelled to take aim at just about every guy she comes across in her life.

First, I don't really enjoy having a weak woman persona, the dependent on a man idea, the notion she's nobody without her mom or a boyfriend. This irks and rubs me the wrong way and to make matters worse, the doctor patient relationship that may step over the boundaries of professionalism.
The idea that all women are crazy is something that bothers me because as a woman with serious medical issues that hasn't been given the proper respect it's maddening. The notion that every woman is crazy, needs meds to get through the day, and can't stand alone is beyond my comprehension.
However, what we have here is a situation in which everyone offers to 'help' supposedly but in their own weird as F way. There's three men vowing for the love interest of Lauren : Josh, Nick, and Abhilash.
Josh is abusive. Nick is seen as just a friend. Abhilash is from India and is on his way back there but first he's appearing as the rescuer of this damsel in distress. 
I wouldn't give two shiites short of a shake for any of them as they each have their own motives to take action and get involved with Lauren and non of them I care for as a human being much less a woman.
So, I suppose the only thing I have left is to toast, "Here's to new beginnings."
We can only hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment