Sunday, December 20, 2020

Book Review: "The Best of Me" By David Sadaris



 “If you read an essay in Esquire and don’t like it, there could be something wrong with the essay. If it’s in The New Yorker, on the other hand, and you don’t like it, there’s something wrong with you.”― David Sedaris, The Best of Me

Having read Calypso with rave reviews I wanted to give this author a second chance to impress but this is like going to see a comedy show and having Andrew Dice Clay give you a bunch of nuts and bolts rather than raw comedians providing humor w/o the profanity and put downs.
I'm sure some may enjoy this type of afterthought messages but for me it's just not my thing and I didn't want to waste my time on it.

I read more than halfway before moving on to something more my taste and I think it's safe to say I won't be trying this author after reading this compilation of his greatest hits version of his life.

However, my loss may be your gain and if you like this author and his work by all means no judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment