Monday, December 28, 2020

Book Review: "A Dog's Perfect Christmas" By W. Bruce Cameron



 “The twist in his lower back that was aggravated by lifting objects, or sneezing, or moving, or not moving. No one had ever told him that growing old would hurt so much.”

― W. Bruce Cameron, A Dog's Perfect Christmas

The Goss Family is my family- I swear to God -as I'm the single mom with health issues. My youngest is in 8th grade as we speak. My brother has twin boys and a two year old. God bless them all -with medical disabilities. The inner turmoil is a constant.

Yes, the only thing we don't have is Grandpa messing around with widows or the dogs! Lol!
I'm also that reviewer whom you can't take to a animal shelter without wanting to take every animal home. They're all so darn cute with those puppy eyes staring back at you from behind the chain link fences.

Yes, I'm that gal and this book was right up my alley and I hope the same for you if you're a dog lover.

This feel good story for the holidays was exactly what I needed after being locked up for stay at home orders and seeing so many businesses sadly falter.

What I didn't expect was Grandpa getting his kicks on after his wife passed and doing so with other widows but I can't fault a man for wanting love and to be loved-we all seek the same.
The conversation and dialogue is what I was here for and it delivered beautifully. It truly made the reader feel blessed in numerous ways just to be alive and well.

You truly never know when you're time will come so we have to live every day as it's our last and enjoy every waking moment.

If your feet hit the floor -Thank God - and enjoy whatever may lie ahead. Many can only wish, hope, and pray for the same.

Be open and stay authentic even when dealing with stressful situations in these ungodly of times.

W. Bruce Cameron is a good example of exploring outside your norm and I'm so glad I put down my thrillers to enjoy some good old fashioned comforts from home.

Who knew a puppy could bring people together in so many unique ways..

Thank you to Forge books for this exclusive giveaway via Twitter that included a gorgeous gifted copy with ornament that I will cherish for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment