Monday, December 28, 2020

Book Review: "Long Time Coming" By Michael Eric Dyson



 Triumphant! Profoundly Moving! Angelic!

This book moved me to tears in a beautiful eye-opening way that I can't ever recall happening in any other work such as this creation by Michael Eric Dyson.

The way this was worded as a tribute, a revolution, a call to action in standing united as one, is exactly what this nation needs.

We cannot allow ignorance, racial profiling, racism, and white supremacists ruin this country.
While many will look to the past to diagnosis the current state-you don't have to look far to recall slavery by white men and you need not wonder why so many social injustices continue with the current individual in office.

This is literally a 'Long Time Coming' and I wonder how many more times we will use hashtags, we will paint street blocks, we will march, yet we will continue in agony, pain, and despair over these innocent individuals who are being profiled simply for the way they look -be killed!

When is enough -ENOUGH?!

I come from a family that is mixed. My two brothers both married beautiful women outside our race. I've welcomed my sister in laws with open arms.

We are but one race and that's the human race!
We bleed the same color!

The way in which this was written in terms of speaking personally to each victim of abuse brought me to my knees! It should move all of you to stand up and speak out!
We cannot continue down this dark, dreary, disturbing, deadly road!
This is inhumane and CRIMINAL!

Those who violate the law should be punished yet because they work in law enforcement their allowed no knock warrants, their allowed to kill for the sake of a $20 counterfeit bill or a pack of cigarettes?

This nation has become more of a third world country and it's so sick!
This is not my current president and I pray the next opportunity we have to vote them all out -we do!

I'm a democrat for a reason. I don't want handouts but a hand up. I'm tired of seeing my brother and sister murdered in plain view and they receive nothing more than thoughts and prayers.

Keep the prayers! Protect and serve! Not just serve!

This is the best book of the year! Please take all the time you need and get yourself a copy as soon as able. You won't regret you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment