Sunday, December 20, 2020

Book Review: "White Ivy" By Susie Yang



That moment when you finally find peace but at what cost is losing your soul worth?

What would you do for love? Would you kill for it?

I suppose this one had me a wee-bit flustered mainly with regards to the portrayal of Ivy as a thief, con, and loose goose who slept around.

For me it was the matter of not being strong enough to go out on her own instead seeking men to bring her happiness, to complete her, to pay her way.

It drove me insane as she went back and forth between Gideon and her ex boyfriend Roux Roman with nothing more than mere sexual jabs and innuendos occurring no greater than romps in the hay.

As my pop used to say nothing good ever happens after midnight so best be home before 11pm every night.

The morals, the ethics, the values this brought forth burned me with envy as I wasn't raised in this manner to sell yourself and settle.

I was taught that if a man was interested he'd show it to you in numerous ways and if you still weren't all knowing then look to his mother and see how he treated her.

Truth be told the family dynamics was another sore spot for me in this because while it notes family cannot be replaced some of these individuals heading advice are a disgrace.
The grandmother was a whole other cocktail to be dealt with an this arranged idea of a man's worthiness as if to level up on a ladder of social wealth was just sick.

The ending with the hiking event for a man who hated hiking and succumbed to his final passage was quite the thrill for mystery and suspense fans but by then it was into the final chapter so it slogged with animosity.

I wanted to let women know you don't have to go there -just be you-be the proudest version of you-and for God's sake never settle!

You don't need a man to be successful in life!

Oh well, this feminist is off to another one...Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment