Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Book Review: "AOC" By Lynda Lopez

"Alexandria Ocasis Cortez's victory over Joe Crowley in 2018 was significant just on demographic grounds. For a twenty eight year old Latinx bartender to defeat a ten-year term incumbent with millions of dollars in campaign money for a young woman to overthrow an influential member of the 'old boy's club', was a milestone."

This above is what it's all about. She represents all of us in more ways than one.
I'm not Latino, I never worked as a bartender, but I have been and still do reside in the land of poverty. In fact, I'm in extreme poverty after divorcing a malignant narcissist-having given up my career (without compensation) for his own success.


My story of food insecurities and poverty was only one of 20 nationwide to be selected.
My inspirational struggles was told to every member of Congress by Rosa DeLauro (D-CT). The link is located here(p.38) as well as additional information for contact. https://d3b0lhre2rgreb.cloudfront.net...

In fact, when this author spoke of Poverty to Prosperity Program via Erik Stegman (Director of Field Outreach and Advocacy) I'm the face of such an organization having been included in what's been the most important story of my life yet very little has changed since that time.

Here I stand-Here I beg, Here I hope, Here I pray for one day to use a Masters degree for one thing-obtaining a full time living wage.


I applaud what AOC has accomplished because she earned her way to center stage and has opened so many doors for others to succeed.


It's a man's world and it's extremely difficult to be successful once you're locked into poverty because of a job loss, divorce, medical complications, or anything that is quite frankly out of your control.


Once locked in the harder you spin to escape the further down the rabbit hole you become due to red tape.


As someone whose been told to dummy down her resume, has been declined job offers do to my own success, I can empathize with those stuck in low wage jobs and having to fight for every seat at the table.


AOC isn't just a woman wearing red lipstick she's a beacon of hope, a beacon of light, a beacon of how the system is rigged for the wealthy, the elite, the male population.
I speak truths-though they are hard to embrace- they are truths.


When women are told to stay silent, when women are ignored, when women are cast aside we have to learn to stand united.


I hope this is a call to action. To get actively involved. To stand united. To stay strong.
God Bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment