Saturday, March 28, 2020

Book Review: "This is How I Lied" By Heather Gudenkauf

The minute I seen this e-read available at NetGalley I literally ran to it with open arms and welcomed it in to my home.

My word this will blow you away especially for those of us who are die hard fans of all things written by Heather.

I'll tell you I don't know which character was more maddening, sociopathic, and darn right in need of some type of intervention.

Each one was flawed, each with unimaginable issues, and several truly in dire straits dealing with abuse and hard fought lives with underlying scars.

It begins with Eve found in an Iowa cave as a 16 yo nearly 25 years ago by a best friend Maggie and sis Nola.

Nick was not only the boyfriend but the suspect but he's not the only ONE.
Someone in town surely knows the truth but is reluctant to speak.

A predator and a killer are on the loose and it's due or die time!

As new evidence surfaces the case is reopened and the power play is reopened with new clues being unearthed.

What a powerful read that brought me to my knees because you have no idea which end is up till you reach the conclusion.

HOLY SMOKES this was good!

Thank you to Heather, the pub, NetGalley, and Kindle for this exclusive ARC in exchange for this honest to goodness review.

No comments:

Post a Comment