Saturday, March 28, 2020

Book Review: "The Request" By David Bell

Be careful who you allow into your inner circle because not everyone can be trusted.

Blackmail is the name of the game and Blake uses it against his buddy Ryan. Ryan has no choice when his secrets are about to be revealed via Blake.

So, it seems that all he has to do is go to Jenn Bates house and retrieve incriminating items against Blake and the affair.

Oh, did I mention on the way to her home, she turns up dead, and worse...Ryan receives an FB requests from the dead woman!!

YIKES!

We need to know who is the real murderer and clear his/her name before it's too late.

It started with a frat party, it ended with a car accident, and involved three men (Aaron, Blake, and Ryan). Someone was driving, someone was a passenger, and someone was in the back seat at the time of the incident.

Whose telling the truth is anyone's guess but what is known is the length that one will go to cover it all up.

Could someone be so heartless as to deliberately alter the course of the events that day?

Would hush money prove useful?

Can the secrets ever be revealed?

David, is the best in writing work that keeps you guessing right up till the end. This spine tingling sensation was superb.

I had no idea where this was going or how it would end but I knew that I'd be blown away by it all and was truthfully in awe.

I've read as many of David's work as I can get here in my small town and I've enjoyed each and everyone. I've seen his progression and it keeps getting bigger and better with each new novel he puts out.

You will not be disappointed in this one as he sets the stage for an epic thriller!
This ending will have you talking long into the wee hours of the night...
I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!

Thank you to David Bell, his pub, and NetGalley for this surprise ARC as I rarely get the opportunity as big as this one; and was blessed to have been offered an early e-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment