Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Book Review: Consequences for Stepping Up and Speaking Out By Penny Dean

First, I want to thank Penny Dean for her service and sacrifices.

I wanted so much to love this book because I myself have had and continue having similar issues as an empath and survivor of abuse in trying to expose injustices and speak truths.


Like yourself, I've been labeled, ostracized, shamed, blamed, harmed, threatened, blackmailed, and here I stand ready to serve others as a 20 yr volunteer and mom of three.


I get it and understand it and the madness is maddening.


However, with this said I felt this was too much of the portrayal of being wronged and less about what we need to do to change, to rebuild, to unlock truths.


I know you wanted to show every detail and you have but sadly sometimes too much is too much when speaking to readers and maintaining their attention.


It felt like an outsider looking in rather than a unity of collective voices that want and need to work for the betterment of all.


I did appreciate the notion that many employers are hiring the young, inexperienced, college grads lacking knowledge for the sake of profits as that's been my experience in not being hired for the past 10 yrs while living in extreme poverty having raised 3 teens.


What I can say is variety is the spice of life and I hope this finds others well.


Perhaps those with a deeper connection in this field of study and career interest will find this more hopeful.


For the general public it didn't bring me in as I'd hoped.


Thank you to Penny Dean, the pub, NetGalley, and Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment