Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Now Reading: The Silence By Daisy Pierce

OMG! These characters are too die for literally and figuratively!

This is the story of Stella and Marco - a whirlwind romance from the time her father passed-a romance not made in heaven.

It starts with Stella being a former childhood tv star now adult w/o the spotlight feel who runs into Marco out and about with her roommate Carmel. 

They eventually start dating and the lovebombing begins along with the gaslighting and odd bits here and there.

You know the times when you just can't remember because someone is giving you drugs.

Perhaps the doctor may know why and can help further but for now it's all control, all power, all suspense and weirdness till the end.

I've lived similar with a malignant narcissist in which he would alter your surroundings, misplace your items, leave strange clues lying around, and or hide your car keys to not escape the wrath.

Yes, it's bizarre, scary, freaky and cold. It's a dark time in this couple's lives as they live to the demise of the other. Isolation, manipulation, mind games it's all part of the play book.

I used to say, who would believe my husband is out to get me? I'm sure Stella feels the same.

Stella eventually meets an 'angel' in Frank and if you think you seen, heard, and done it all - just wait! You ain't seen nothin' yet!

OMG!

This book was out of this world - darn good!

Thank you to Daisy for scaring my pants off me and to her pub along with NetGalley and Kindle who without I'd not have access to such goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment