Friday, March 13, 2020

Book Review: "A Forgotten Murder" By Jude Devereaux

This was weird with a few intriguing perspectives from multiple levels but it never quite held my level of interest.

I read tons of thrillers so for me it has to have certain elements to captivate my attention and demand my curiosity.


This one had characters that felt superficial, a plot that seemed out of nowhere with plenty of twists that were off the wall, and a stiff feel that never quite adjusted to a comfortable level.


The entire situation centering around thefts, death of the thief, stolen property, the horse racing patriarch and the fog around that entire premise, as well as the corpse and the actions against such, just was too odd for me to embrace.


Alternating story lines with several characters that felt cookie cutter types w/o substance made them lack luster.


The dialogue was also a bit choppy and when one of the characters noted,"show don't tell"...well you know what I'm goin
g to say. Right?!

It wasn't a good fit for me, but perhaps it'll be a better read for you.

So, please go ahead and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment