Thursday, March 19, 2020

Book Review: "Fearless" by Fern Michaels

A new life that's not all as it appears...

Well, this is a lil fire cracker of a novel with everything you've come to expect from Fern Michaels.


A single cruise after recent widowhood seems like the perfect idea for Anna especially upon meeting a divorced professor.


However, never judge a book by its cover so its splendid when the girls from both parties join into a budding new friendship.


After all Christina (Anna's daughter) and Renee (Ryan's daughter) are close in age while his son Patrick is college bound & surely would be more involved if he could. Right?!


Desperation sets in while anxiety peeks for all in this thrilling novel that remind us to watch the signs.


If it seems to good to be true..Ladies and Gents it most likely is..Gut feelings matter!


Fern Michaels is someone I've admired especially after learning her own story: "I grew up, got a job, got married, had five kids. When my youngest went off to Kindergarten, my husband told me to get off my ass and get a job. Those were his exact words. I didn’t know how to do anything except be a wife and mother."


Something that I myself have endured -those exact words!


In her own words she notes,"..There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for being so good to me. I don’t know what I’m the most proud of, the books I write, the scholarships, the pre-schools or the fact that I put my kids through college on my own with no help from anyone. Probably the latter because when all else is said and done, the only thing that matters is family."


She's tenacious like myself and Lord knows it's not easy as I'm putting mine through college as we speak but it's rewarding as hell to know you did it your way.


I'm blessed to have read several of her books and this one is right up in there with my fav's.


Much love to her, her family, her dogs, and her friendly ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment