Saturday, October 17, 2020

Book Review: "The Runaway" By Lisa Childs



Secrets that can kill can also be just as bloody dangerous as truths!

This novel is the newest of the Bane Island series by Lisa Childs and it has quite the allure.
However, as it gets moving the asylums, the plots, the action didn't sit well for me and I'm not sure why as the writing was good but it just didn't entice me to, 'Enter at my own free will' and that may it feel forced.

While I appreciated the setting it ended up being a one liner in my journal and usually those aren't going to be at the top of my next pick list of go -to-novels.

I'm sure you can figure out for yourself whether or not this will appeal to you and I do hope it does but for me it's hit or miss and this wasn't the 'bulls-eye' I had hoped.

FYI: sexual content, rape, and other triggers may be visited within this work.

Thank you to Lisa, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment