Thursday, October 8, 2020

Book Review: "The Switch" By Beth O'Leary

 



“Family can be so complicated, but if you just pick your own way of doing it you can end up with something pretty perfect all the same.”

― Beth O'Leary, The Switch

First and foremost I must note I attempted to read this upon first receiving back in July. To make a long story short the audio was only available using the new Netgalley Shelf App which I refused to download due to all the complaints & criticisms.

Those complaints turned out to be 100% accurate -Netgalley please fix this app for android- as it's horrible. Bookmarks didn't save your place in the audio. You have no way of forwarding or reversing to the page you need once it's lost. I had to waste an entire 24 hr day to be able to hear 90% of the book as I had to re-listen to the same chapters all over again. You cannot delete books once read (even though it says you can) and on and on.

Of course, you can imagine by the time this was all over I was about 90% complete when I finally zonked out and fell asleep after re-listening to several chapters on repeat to get back to my original location.

Safe to say from what I was able to hear it was not only flirty but fun and I loved that a 79 year old would even wish to venture out for love and happiness.

Eileen was my hero. She's one tough elderly woman with brains and brawn -rolled into one. She's a woman who won't give up including not only switching places with her granddaughter Leena but also in creating a new social club website with Howard.

Leena is another heroine who lost her job due to a panic attack and now is on sabbatical.

They agree to swap lifestyles and Eileen ends up in a romantic predicament.

All in the name of love.

But what if love was closer than you think?

With sexting, dick pics, and a host of characters on dating apps to choose from-this was one hell of a wild and wooly flatshare experience.

Well, pour me a flat white as I'm all in one this one and for good reason.

Is long distance the answer?

Could Jackson the teacher be the saving grace?

Will Howard play a major role?

Sweet baby Jesus- this was splendid!

Thank you to NetGalley for this interesting experience that I can't say I'd do again but it did give me a day of rest from reading 10 books a day -so I guess that's a plus! :)

Thank you to Beth O'Leary, the pub, and anyone else who placed this audio in my hands.

Thank you to Verizon for hooking me up with a new Samsung Galaxy S10 so I could finally take a crack at the newest apps as I broke my S5 taking a pic of a bunny rabbit in my backyard-seriously -no joke-my youngest daughter-loves bunnies.

Ergo, I'm off to the races as I now am backed up beyond belief with 140 ARC's but this one was a gem worth being salvaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment