Saturday, October 3, 2020

Book Review: "Total Power" By Vince Flynn and Kyle Mills

 


First and Foremost - I want to thank Bibliotheca for providing this wonderful e-read in exchange for this honest review.

As many of you may be aware - I'm a Mitch Rapp Ambassador x2 and was selected for the Mitch Rapp Fans newsletter but not this year after applying twice to James B. Abt who runs the Vince Flynn Mitch Rapp Ambassador Program I never heard back.









I posted this pic of the email received when I thought I was late for applying which I found the response to be lacking respect as a Masters degree educated woman.




Talking down to women is nothing new however, the good ol boys network needs to stop the nonsense. 

With all due respect to this organization after witnessing this email I would not wish to spend months on end freely promoting one ARC when I have over 122 ARC's at the same time, I'm an unpaid trade blogger representing 9 major publishers with auto approval, 94 % current feedback ratio with Netgalley, and Top USA Reviewer of All Time @Goodreads, with over 800 k readers of my blogs and need not spend more than one day to post a review and receive respect and acknowledgement in the form of a thank you. I also prefer if I do the work I get the credit not another male who is a paid amazon influencer and promoter.

Many don't realize that this Mitch Rapp Ambassador Program is responsible for many of the reviews posted and several of those are from paid individuals through the use of Amazon.
I wouldn't want to be part of a group that doesn't respect all women especially strong women.

Perhaps one day BTS Designs will contact me to apologize but I won't hold my breath.
Perhaps one day women will NOT be told to work harder (as in my case I've been working my arse off for free for many years -20 to be exact- 
the last 10 yrs. while in extreme poverty , homeless, bankrupt, and LT unemployed) while seeking full time work to raise a family of four.

I for one don't play the game.

Now on to the show as this for me wasn't as good as previous works and for one simple reason - this plot has been utilized ad nauseum before and it seemed redundant.
Several military and war novels have addressed the USA's power grid blackouts but for me this just didn't rise up to the level I've been accustomed to in the past.

The violence was quite extreme too which also made me shy away as blood, gore, and the like aren't really my thing as it's more horror than thriller.

The ending for me also didn't really work to the level I'd have hoped as it seemed a bit rushed with the epilogue trying to tie it all together.

In the end this PowerStation person may just be a foreign actor.

John Alton might be the man behind it all with phantom attacks, false data, deactivation of the circuit breakers, and the complete chaos that is soon to halt a nation.

The behind the scenes political feel did not go unnoticed as it relates to our current state of affairs.

With this noted this was all centered around this cyber attack and how to punish those responsible.

Sonya could just be your trained Russian op so be forewarned as she takes on a major role.
Lethal injection awaits....

Thank you again Bibliotheca for providing this new work.

No comments:

Post a Comment