Saturday, October 17, 2020

Book Review: "Through Fire and Rain" By MaryAnn Anselmo



One of my favorite quotes is not why me but rather -try me!

I think it fits nicely here because you never realize just how strong the human heart or humanity is until it breaks and you must put the broken pieces together.

The lark sings a song much like humans learn to recover from trauma, abuse, hardships, love, and loss.

It's never easy but life is full of challenges and if you're like me you might even believe that they are there to teach us a lesson, to guide us spiritually, to transform us to fly using our wings.

MaryAnn Anselmo is just such a woman on a mission, she has a voice, she speaks from the heart, she knows that nothing can bring her down.

Pregnant at 17 yo is difficult enough but to later have a stroke, lose a son and a father, suffer from brain cancer and yet through it all have the love, support, and comforts of home is a true blessing.

As we come upon Thanksgiving next month we should all give thanks as these are extremely trying times that no doubt have been filled with so much loss due to the pandemic gripping our nation.

As I type this I'm in extreme poverty, raising a family of 4 solo, having all honor roll students including one in college.

I survived a horrific flu that put me in the ER back in January as I was severely dehydrated and nearly passed out with EKG that resulted in sinus tachycardia. I'm not struggling with HUS -a fatal blood disorder- that will shut down my kidneys requiring B12 injections and iron infusions to keep me upright. I have sever spinal stenosis that has at times caused paralysis in my legs resulting in falls.

I'm also suffering from Raynaud's in my L thumb with zero blood flow -ergo I must keep my hands warm or lose them as it'll turn black.

In addition, to this my vertigo acts up along with my severe anemia and with heavy menses -Ladies let me tell you -the porcelain goddess is always on stand bye.
I can tell you this having lost my niece in 2016 to an alleged drag racer on I4 in Florida as the only child to pass from a 7 car accident because one man's actions landed his truck on the top of my niece's car - life cannot pause or stop- and sadly we grieve, we mourn, but our loved ones wouldn't want us to give up.

I see yellow butterflies, white butterflies, a monarch just today alone while sitting during my daughter's honor society ceremony so I know she's always with us.
We are blessed and I tell you this even after being homeless, bankrupt, and LT unemployed seeking employment and being declined for 10 yrs straight.
Why?
Because- my son and I nearly died upon his birth with a placental abruption and his vater syndrome diagnosis for life.

All my veins collapsed, my iron was extremely low, my 2 pint blood transfusion in ER was just the tip of the life saving measures to bring me back and save my son.
He was lifeflighted to NICU and I rode in ambulance for nearly 2 hrs to see him after emergency section.
Why?
Because life is not guaranteed. I witnessed newborns pass on the beds next to my son's nursery bed and I'll never get that image of the white sheet over the newborn and the parents grieving as my son fought like hell.

I'm now fighting COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis, HUS (fatal blood disorder), severe anemia, heavy menses, vertigo, raynaud's ,severe spinal stenosis, and more -but I'm not alone.

Our loved ones are with us and you better believe they are not letting go!
Carry forth and prosper!

This book just shows how we are all God's children and we are all loved, protected, and serve a higher power.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment