Sunday, June 9, 2019

Book Review: "1st To Die" By James Patterson

I was shocked to see this "mint" condition 1st edition ARC copy to a "former bookseller" listed on our free shelf at my local library.

I gave this baby a new home and upon cracking it open noticed a promo letter in the back of the spine auto signed by Michael Pietsch V.P. Editor in Chief of Little Brown and Company dated Jan. 26th 2001.


Of course, I was excited to read this as I've not read every book J.P. has ever written as I'm more a newbie reading new ARC's but couldn't resist.


If you know J.P. you know his work is hit or miss and for me this was a miss.
While I liked the fact it was the first of the Women's Murder Club it was not as thrilling as I'd hoped.


The main character (Inspector Lindsay) does suffer from not only finding the killer in a double homicide case but dealing with a fatal blood disease so it's multi faceted as she searches for love.


The safety of others ahead of one's own is the main premise here.


The psycho killer is on the run after killing married couples but when we examine these 4 ladies &their relationships we learn that J.P. still hasn't quite grasped the female roles as well as others nor the manner in which these relationships are formed naturally.


The female character was not a young, strong, heroine of a character and for that reason alone it fell flat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment