Monday, June 17, 2019

Book Review: "Nobody's Victim" By Carrie Goldberg


Don't get bitter get better!

For me this showed just how damaging releasing trust into the world can become and how to fight fire with fire to get revenge.

Sure many of these relationships were quickly consumed.
The relationships were often centered upon sexual abuse in general, sexual photos placed online w/o consent, and sexual abuse cases.

As a survivor of abuse while I applaud the author for taking these cases to get relief for clients, I'm dismayed at the anger portrayed throughout the book, and feel there is some residual tension there from her own past experiences which may not have been fully processed.

Believe me having been left bankrupt, homeless w three kids, having no income to support them as child support was in 15k arrears I can relate to the pain.

What I'm afraid of is the notion that you can just be BOLD and not follow the law.

It's not about revenge as it's about ending the injustices against women.

I hope this book will if nothing else create discussion about the loopholes that exists especially with regard to sexting and utilization of sexual photos and or videos without consent online.

No comments:

Post a Comment