Thursday, June 6, 2019

Book Review: "The Chain" By Adrian McKinty

Don't Break The Chain!

Sounds kind of silly until you learn that if you break the chain your child dies..Not so silly anymore!


This is the new powerhouse by Adrian McKinty that will have your heart racing and your anxiety reaching peak performance as this new novel takes every parents worst nightmare to unbearable levels of fear!


First I must thank my friends across the pond for without them I would've not had the pleasure or the near fatal heart attack in reading this as a mom of three teens flying her wings solo.


The ransom, the bitcoins, the burner phones, the kidnapping of other kids to keep the chain unbroken ...MY word are you kidding me??


It's not about money it's all about the chain!


Perhaps you might then wonder but whose behind the chain? How does the nightmare end? Can the chain ever be broken?


Good questions but I can't reveal every secret to you so look there is so much here than meets the eye.


If you want chills, thrills, spills you got it!


I will give you one more thing to ponder as one of the characters has found a flaw in a widely used app which is the number one source of communication being utilized.


I also will let you know that the chain may be used for different reasons with ulterior motives carefully constructed from within the chain.


Those behind the chain that we learn about near the end are truly not even on the darn radar!


So now that I have you totally running to get yourself a copy let me remind you that the chain is a cruel method of the ability to love.


Psychos and sociopaths lack the norm of empathy and compassion so you might wish to throw it in this mix.


As for the inner meanings the chain is about the bond that unites us. The ties that bind between parents and children. 


Or in other words,"Knowledge is Sorrow."


This will have you on the edge of your seat, so get buckled in, as the ride is about to begin.
Thank you to Adrian McKinty, Orion Books, and everyone who helped get this ARC copy into my hands via Airmail.


I hope everyone gets a chance to read this amazing new thriller!

No comments:

Post a Comment