Thursday, June 6, 2019

Book Review: "If I Don't Make It" By Amye Archer

This is one of those books that will break your heart but will give you hope for a brighter future.

As we all have learned gun violence must stop!


It's a tragedy that is more than just a day's event as those involved have years of emotional turmoil, trauma, and ptsd to endure.


It's not just a one day news headline. It's more than just a day in Congress to discuss what's next. This is our nation. This is our reality. This is now the new norm. 
We cannot continue to allow guns to rule over our lives.


There is no need for high powered assault rifles in our country! Period!


There are many ways to protect oneself without use such a weapon that literally cremates human kind.


We are not a third world country yet I see violence daily.


I know trauma first hand from an abusive relationship of many years and I can tell you that much of what was noted resonated from within me.


The idea that kids must hide under desks fearful of a classroom bell or knock on a door is excruciatingly painful.


I know all too well how loud noises can startle an abuse victim and I know all too well how living in daily fight or flight can wear away at normal body functions.
It's maddening that we cannot create the proper legislation because of the almighty dollar, corporate conglomerates, and the elitist who would rather rule with force than rule from compassion.


I hope someday our world changes for the better but upon glancing in the windows from afar I assure you nothing will change till it happens to one of there own.


Only then may we finally have the change needed to stop this madness...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review! We are honored you selected our book to read and review.

    ReplyDelete