Monday, June 17, 2019

Book Review: Everything Below The Waist By Jennifer Block

"An eye-opening, investigative account of the dismal state of women's healthcare in the U.S."

As a woman who has suffered from chronic back pain which was finally diagnosed 30 yrs later as spinal canal stenosis, DDD, Bilateral Facet Atrophy, and severe foraminal narrowing requiring surgery I can tell you this, never trust doctors when they note that's normal wear and tear, that taking steroids or drugs is common place, that it is not significant or that as the physical therapist told me once they can find anyone with my problem off the street.


I've suffered since I was a teen and learned recently that I tore a disk, have multiple disk bulges/herniation, and such severe foraminal narrowing on left side that's pinching on the nerve and causing temp leg paralysis which I've complained about claudication from nerve damage in my legs for years only to have a doctor tell me he couldn't find anything wrong.


This novel is exactly what needed to be said about women's health care. 


We are not crazy. We are intelligent beings who need answers not drugs!


I wish I had this book with me years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment