Sunday, June 9, 2019

Book Review: "Waisted" By Randy Susan Meyers

So much hype so little being delivered!



I couldn't wait to read this as it was all the rage and was quite upset when it was declined Jan 26th on Netgalley for this Top 25 US Goodreads Reviewer with 98% feedback at Netgalley and over 1026 books read last year alone.


So naturally I waited for it to come in at my local library and it truly was not worth the wait.
It's all about weight loss, beauty from the outside, lame characters who seek validation, and women who must always be on camera for this film documentary program.


You are more than a number on a scale has been told to me ad nauseum but perhaps I'm the exception.


Having spent my early years as a model in Philly I learned first hand women are catty but I also learned to be my own best judge and jury.


You don't have to go along to get along as being a trailblazer and leader is highly recommended and enforced in my book.


Be comfortable in one's own skin and never judge a book by its cover.


I've had friends who were loners, friends burned in fires over 90% of their bodies, I've had friends who had nothing to give but time and I appreciated each and every one.


How far would you go to lose weight is the question and while the author tried to show how it's different based on race, culture, and or religion for me it fell short.


So short I burned my darn spaghetti after leaving it on high with the h20 running dry.
LOL....


No seriously stick with self worth, self love, self acceptance and do what's best for you ladies and gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment