Monday, June 10, 2019

The Flatshare is one of those books that for me was too quirky, too crazy, too unrealistic for the taste buds.

Who in their right mind would ever agree to share a flat or a bed for that matter with a complete stranger...I mean I heard of bed fellows, I've heard of house calls, I've even heard of desperation but seriously??


If that wasn't goofy enough you have the fact that life keeps creeping into the main plot such as the crazy ex, the wrongly imprisoned brother, and those demanding clients who won't let up.


The main character 'Tiffy's' background wasn't strong enough for me to feel pulled in to the emotional abuse and trauma she suffered.


Of course our hero was very shallow and passive only agreeing to meet up after seeing her body.


I was also not a fan of the post it notes and back and forth messages as to me it took away from the main story as I couldn't wait to see what came between these two.


In the end I guess you could say it all worked out for the better but who knew it would be so complicated....

No comments:

Post a Comment