Monday, June 10, 2019

Book Review: "The Confessions of Frannie Langton" By Sara Collins

A murder mystery that escapes through the greatest channels of history through slavery and beyond.

What happens behind closed doors is terrifying and horrific but to learn that it's against the employers ( a husband and wife duo) is equally damaging.


Perhaps the notion that Frannie was a witch, a seductress, and full blown manipulator was the entire problem here.


The tale she tells from her past life on the Jamaican plantation was a shocker for sure but her future is left hanging in the balance.


The story was quite slow to develop and for me I was losing interest in this historical fiction piece.


The writing was good and consistent but for me it just didn't pull me in as much as I had hoped as there was more unanswered questions pertaining to Langton and whether it was all casual or forced and whether the trauma endured was from an experiment or something entirely different.


Some of the framing narratives seem to have been done before and the ending for me seemed dumped with the trial to just get the facts out and to the readers.


I enjoyed the writing and would enjoy reading another work of Sara Collins to have a comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment