Thursday, October 10, 2019

Book Review: "Been There, Married That" By Gigi Levangie Grazer

The relatable factor in this for me was so far from my norm that it was hard to digest this one without feeling some animosity towards this wealthy, glamorous, Hollywood elite lifestyle.

I'm far from this LA prim rose lifestyle as I live in a small Northeastern Pennsylvania town in which I grapple daily for the past 10 yrs in just seeking a full time wage while living in extreme poverty after being bankrupt and homeless from divorcing a malignant narcissist.


So when I read about buying a 'Coach' bag and saving up half a lifetime it doesn't register with me. Nor does leasing a BMW as I was so sick and physically exhausted I hurried up to teach my son to drive before I went into a hospital and I drive a 6 yr old Honda Civic with 60k mileage and the only car in a family of 3 teens.


I digress, seriously, the writing was good. The main character Agnes's marriage is on the rocks while her babbling & constant drama just made my head literally spin.


It seemed like my own ADHD was out of control just trying to keep it all on track and heading in the right direction.


Agnes also seems to have lost her own voice. When the chips flew around her she just let them fall where they may and really wasn't a feminist in any shape or form.


I love strong female types so for me it was ruined by just going with the flow and cracking jokes about it nonstop.


At least she knew enough to call it quits but ladies please don't ever settle for less than you deserve.


Thank you to Gigi, the publisher, NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment