Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Book Review: "The Companions" By Katie M. Flynn

The plot sounded superb.

I was excited to start reading this science-fiction work by Katie M. Flynn.


However, the execution wasn't up to par for my taste and I was left with more questions than answers.


The theoretical idea was quite interesting with the dead coming back to life under various forms and entities.


Nevertheless, the entire scene with the virus taking over California to the quarantine and everything in between just didn't work for me and was too bland. The characters were too mundane with a weak plot that just didn't stir up the anticipation or excitement I had hoped.


To those who enjoy this type of fiction perhaps you'll find it more to your liking but for this thriller gal I need flavor.


Thank you to Katie M. Flynn for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment