Thursday, October 17, 2019

Book Review:"Imaginary Friend" By Stephen Chbosky

"The power comes at a price."

Having grown up in the Northeastern Pennsylvania rural region I can tell you we have plenty of unique traits for authors to transcribe into their writings.

The setting is just superb as we are transfixed into the 'dark woods' with plenty of forest animals including deer but also with attention to detail with coal mining as the primary source of income for many back in the days of black lung and asbestos.


The yellow canary isn't singing but folks the real meat is in the details and it's worth noting the decade it took to write this beauty you behold.


While comparison's can be made to the fanatical Stephen King I don't believe it's necessary to truly fixate on the idea as the two are uniquely different.


Death is not a topic I prefer to discuss as I'm not a fan of blood and gore but this luckily isn't gruesome in that fashion so those who are put off by that are safe for now.


However, voices can be heard. Silence is the enemy. Death is here.


As a kid growing up in this region we had many things to entertain out in the boondocks but my greatest joys involved climbing trees, sides of mountains, berry picking, and of course tree houses galore especially for the hunters in the family.


I'm sure this would resonate with many of you too and this book does a mighty fine job of bringing all those images to 'light.'


What's quite creepy as heck is the skeletal body found 50 yrs later. The body of a young man who died in suspicious circumstances.


Now you might then ask what the hell Donna ... we know you give it to us straight up...don't cherry coat us now...


Hell no! I won't! But look there's something about the street, the tree house, the light and the dark here and it's more than just hearing voices and having an imaginary friend alongside to carry us through it all.


"You'll never believe me. You'll have to see it for yourself."


It's twisted but no more so than the body was twisted...


Folks it's true that "at night, the imaginary world wakes up. And then it gets real scary."
Ok don't walk. RUNNNNNN!


There's another thing that must be noted. A blast from the past. Writings that may come up. That may shed some light on the subject matter at hand.


What's up with these characters Donna?


Glad you asked...


You see Special Ed is quite special. Yes, Jill bought a house with her husband Clark. Yes if she catches you you'll not leave the imaginary world.


Just saying.


A nice man may be dying here ...A baby may be wanted here...A hissing lady may be upon us here...


Wait time to hide...no down in the darn basement...GO! Go Now!
"Swallow your fear or let your fear swallow you."


Mrs Henderson you are not nice!


Mary Katherine you may have hope still just hang on my dear...


There are only 3 ways to exit out...


I won't tell you those ways but suffice to say I'm not God!


Ladies you know me. You know I have medical issues constantly. I'm always being asked before any radiation is pumped into me if I'm pregnant and I always have responded NO unless it's immaculate conception.


Well keep that train of thought for now...


I will tell you this that you must not fear any evil. You must put your trust in God. You must follow your intuition.


Protect your loved ones for all eternity.


I'm sorry the minister of hospitality in me sometimes gets carried away ...


Girl I love your nails but I digress...


This is not the way we must be found all tied up and twisted yet life is strange is it not?
I've never smoked, drank, or used drugs so keep that in mind too...


Perhaps ropes are like chains and perhaps letting go of the rope is a good idea if you want to be free.


Who am I to judge?

This time of year flu is quite common and many are losing hope with the current state of affairs but please hang on...suicide is never the answer.


Mental illness is not an easy topic ever but if you suffer please know you are never alone.
Now the voices...just know that god is love.


God is great. God died upon the cross for us all. He gave his life for us.
Lost souls. Sure as snow in the winter.


Yes, but folks the real deal is about to embark on a journey and that journey comes about full circle.


Hang on and don't give up...


Your time will come as sure as the circle of life continues on...

No comments:

Post a Comment