Sunday, October 6, 2019

Book Review: "Rachel Maddow" By Lisa Rogak

As a huge fan of Rachel for years even I took away many great new insights into her illustrious career and personal life.

I've read Rachel's recent work The Blowout and it was fab but her personal life and road to success wasn't paved with flakes of gold.

In fact when she speaks politics I was often glued to the tv because she offered insight like no one else and often it was something unique and never heard before facts that coupled with her live on air persona just worked magic to her viewers.

I honestly never knew about her life in terms of Susan and while I had no idea her sexual orientation it didn't matter to me.

I loved the fact the author notes her sense of activism and her need to be 'perfect' in terms of knowing it all before going on air. In fact so much so that others have told her to cool it.

That's the ideal definition of who she is as a person because it shows across the screen.

She's someone who takes delight in her work and wants to help others and for this empath I admire those traits especially the 'under dog' stories.

The whole notion that she's not given as much credit as she deserves for taking the top spot is something that's not as well known.

It's a rough biz these days in relations to telling the truth and not fake news and gathering facts doing the 'journalistic' work that's required and not simply rushing it out to be first in the instant gratification of news these days and I admire that immensely.

While she doesn't view herself as a journalist she is admired and loved by many and that's something that will not change.

A great new read that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment