Sunday, October 13, 2019

Book Review: "Stories We Never Told" By Sonya Yoerg

Obsession, Jealousy, Murder! All is fair in love and war or is it?

Here we have a young professor Jackie who seemingly has it all. A perfect marriage, a great career, and an obsession with her former lover Harlan.


Wait! Hold up! What?


Harlan is quite the catch and he just procured a new target with Nasira Amari who perhaps is running from her own internal wounds.


Of course the past is never left in the past and curiosity leads to obsession and darn it stalking in my viewpoint.


A woman has needs and by golly Jackie needs more than what's she's receiving from Mills her husband as he seems distant and cold in this marriage of convenience.


You can say I have a background in narcissism having married and happily divorced a malignant narcissist and this one brought up quite the reflections.


The two ships passing in the night comes to mind as the hamster wheel keeps vicariously spinning while holding up the family responsibilities.


I've often wondered in my own scenario why the family never seen through the smoke and fog since they are quick to judge after the marriage falters.


In this case we have her sis Grace and her new husband Hector seemingly in wedding bliss while the world caves in on Jackie.


Upon divorcing I was told I must've been the biggest fool for staying in a relationship in which I was clearly unhappy and I bring this up because of what was noted after the anger subsides.


In this case as was in mine I see the similarities but not as far as perhaps Mills has taken it for his own reasons.


Though I've had my suspicions I was amazed that I didn't see this twist involving Harlan.


What a fab read from this talented writer as I've always been a huge fan of Sonja Yoerg and that opinion has not changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment