Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Book Review: "The Rival" By Charlotte Duckworth

That moment when you come across a debut novel and can't wait to be acquainted with the writer through her words.

I'd say this being a thriller wasn't quite up to the level I normally read but it was good.

The main two gals being Helena and Ashley had there own quirks and flaws but where rather vibrant.

The problem I had was in the execution of the twists and the lack of chills and thrills.

For me I'm someone who loves that 'edge of your seat' read and this for me was close but not quite to that point.

I do hope you enjoy it as the career oriented feminine who won't stop till she gets the top spot was not new but it did resonate in the professional world.

When Helena realizes she's pregnant the story takes on a different feel and perception.


All in all a great read. I look forward to more to come by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment