Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Book Review: "The Only Plane In The Sky" By Garrett M. Graff

Powerful! Sensational! Riveting!

The war was started upon our soil but hell hath no fury like the rage we experienced at those who subjected us to such heartbreak.


I have no words as a minister of hospitality other than to say forgiveness is needed in order to heal with so many young children left behind now orphaned, so many lives tragically ended, so many families uprooted as they are still trying to cope from this unspeakable tragedy.


This was pure terrorism and let it be known that Americans paid a hefty price at the hands of evil!


I was so moved beyond tears upon reading the 1st hand eyewitness accounts. The stories they told about unspeakable horror. The heartbreak bundled within each breath and each and every word.


I can't imagine having to receive that last phone call, the last moment in time etched in the memories of those who survived.


Sadly we remember fondly those who perished and we remember with love in our hearts as they left this Earth with courage. I will never forget my friend Leonard Synder who resided in Nj and was on the 101st floor working for AON Consulting on 9-11 ( a day forever etched into memory.)


https://livingmemorial.voicesofseptember11.org/leonard-j-snyder-jr

Like many I worry. I worry for those who are left behind struggling to survive. I worry for those exposed to the elements as we now know- WTC illnesses.

I worry about the children and the permanent scarring, the PTSD upon adults, the trauma that those bystanders unaware of the doom that was about to come upon them.


Yet I hold hope in my heart that one day violence and terrorism will end. I hold hope for a brighter future for our children. I hold hope that love will find a way back into the hearts of many.


We cannot live in fear. We cannot hide. We cannot surround ourselves in a bubble.


What we can do is live our lives the way God intended and stand firm in our faith.


We must never forget those who perished. Those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Those brave and daring souls who risked their lives for the sake of others. Those who never said why me but instead put themselves in harms way to rescue one more person.


The memories are still vivid. My brothers both resided in Alexandria VA when the plane went into the Pentagon. My brother had a heavy heart and difficulty coping with the experience. He since moved to California.


I don't know how anyone can read these statements and recall those memories without thinking about our past history and our future progress.


I pray for our country and our nation. I pray for those risking their lives to keep our nation safe. I pray that we can all find that light and be a beacon of hope for others.


Wherever you are please keep shining your light. Lift others up. Help and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment