Monday, October 7, 2019

Book Review: "The Girl Who Lived Twice" By David Lagercrantz

Anyone else feel like Lisbeth is an empty bottomless pit of nothingness or is it just me?

I wonder why the lack of character development is so glaringly obvious?


Lisbeth is now a conventional yet traditional Moscow businesswoman yet she packs some heat as they say with a weapon.


Her beautiful yet estranged sis Camilla is nothing but pure evil with sadistic intentions on harming others.


Meanwhile Michael is worried for her safety after an unidentified homeless man's death captures his attention.


In a full blown Russian underworld we have corruption at its finest with trolls, bots, propaganda, and fake news like never before.


I'd add the tragic events of the 2008 Everest expedition also weighs heavily on the reader's minds in this one.


I've tried several times to fall into the category of loving Salander fans on more than a few occasions and while I feel this is a tick above the previous works it's still not a fully engaging read for me.


Perhaps variety is the spice of life and you'll love it so what the heck go for it and enjoy as life is short.


Just let me know what you think after you read it as I'm on the fence with Lagercrantz.

No comments:

Post a Comment