Thursday, October 24, 2019

Book Review: "The Other People" By CJ Tudor

Holy smokes what the heck did I just read?

My word, give me a second to seriously compose myself....

This is one heck of a paranormal, psychological, fictional work that will mess you up and gently place you back down novel!

You go into this with a blank slate thinking poor Gabe lost his daughter Izzy but folks don't jump so quick as we have so much more to offer in this heart pounding sizzler by the great CJ Tudor.

First I recommend getting comfy. Don't go by any windows or bathrooms. Check your back and surroundings as darkness is the worst. Seriously don't go buy the road.

We have a chilling prologue here with plenty of spook~tacular magic and splendid detail.

A perfect set up to the twist and turns that soon follow as this amazing new read starts off in superb fashion with this explosive revelation:

"He was just considering changing lanes when the girl's face appeared in the rear window, perfectly framed by the peeling stickers. She looked to be around five or six. Round-faced, pink-cheeked. Fine blonde hair pulled into two high pigtails.
His first thought was that she should be strapped into a car seat.
His second thought was IZZY."

Ok, now hold on because it's nothing like what you might think.

Seriously we have plenty of characters to entertain your thoughts including 3 central figures.

First up to the plate is our main guy, Gabe, who is seriously in need of some love after learning his daughter and wife were both murdered years prior yet refuses to believe they are both dead.

Fran is one heck of a lively vision whose on the run with a child. Lastly but not least, Kate who seems innocent enough as a waitress at a local service station that Gabe often visits.

Now it seems all good right? No no spoilers here! But hold on...

This will have you locked in and ready with the hair standing on edge so be prepared as this is one wild ride for thriller fans everywhere.

It has a paranormal, dark, dangerously spooky feel as we transverse in and out of the settings with ease. This has past and present narratives so stay focused because it's this mind blowing suspense that will leave you shaking in your boots or socks as was my case.

I know CJ doesn't like to brag but this one was worth the wait....it's so captivating, so inviting, so commanding your attention on every level that you won't put it down.

It was ironic how I was introduced to this gem. The publicist reminded me of it's urgent availability on NetGalley. Yes, URGENT! I RAN over and REQUESTED a copy even though I had over 57 other books on my TBR pile (enter procrastinator here.) You don't simply read a CJ Tudor book. Hell NO! You make the darn time and clear your darn schedule! NO EXCUSES!!

With my crazy world I needed some reprieve having just returned from an interview for a 'content editor' with major marketing company. So pray for me please so I can leave poverty behind. Thanks!

I digress..

I was seeking an outlet with a truly compelling read and boy did I find it with,"The Other People."

I can't explain in eloquent words just how riveting and jaw dropping this was and that's saying plenty from a gal whose never at a loss for words.

This was pure perfection that left me scratching my head thinking how on Earth was I blown away in a car waiting for my son to exit out of college for his night classes without every moving from that spot.

It was a gem to read and a diamond in the rough to review!
Thank you to CJ Tudor for blessing me with this beauty, the publicist, the publisher, and everyone who had me put everything else aside and get lost in this fictional piece.

Wow!!! What a ride!!


No comments:

Post a Comment