Saturday, October 19, 2019

Book Review: "The Supper Club" By Lara Williams

This is just another book about body shaming and ways in which women try to suppress their inner emotions through food.

Sadly there are many women currently suffering from obesity, depression, injustices and worse. There are women dying because of food insecurities, because of body shaming, because of bullying over their weight.


These women don't need a lecture, a sermon, a supper club to feast upon in further making them sick, what they need is compassion, empathy, love, and support.


Bulimia and anorexia are two such causes that are crucial to understand and eliminate and for me this book did nothing to bring attention to this cause.


I simply couldn't get into this one at all. There was nothing that was truly substantial in garnishing my attention or swaying my opinion.


As a former model I know how difficult it's to address one's weight and appearance. I know the feeling of insecurity and the obsession to be more.


I know what's like to be hungry having been homeless and bankrupt and I know what's like to have to be a size 5 to walk down a runway feasting on salads.


This is not a 'glamorous lifestyle' and unfortunately this book just didn't do anything to eliminate the problem in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment