Sunday, November 15, 2020

Book Review: "The ADHD Effect on Marriage" By Melissa Orlov



I'm not sure how you gain a positive from a bunch of negative illustrations of marriage but perhaps you will find this book more suitable.

With this noted the author illustrates several failed marriages directly linked to ADHD but without much follow up upon diagnosis in the later years.

In several of the couples situations it appears one -sided in which only one spouse has ADHD but the other is struggling to comprehend the power struggles.

As you can imagine this book would not work for individuals who married malignant narcissist with personality trait disorders, those who stem from a lifetime of scapegoating, those who endured the victim blame and shame throughout their teen years into adulthood.

For me, as someone who was notably hyper active when provided too much sugar (common with kids); I can note that this book didn't really appeal to me in any format nor did I feel I was provided concrete examples to progress in a more tranquil and or peaceful state of being.

I know a young woman who lost her spouse in his late 40's to a heart attack and I know she was diagnosed with some form of depression only to have ghosted me upon leaving the state.
I believe the diagnosis was incorrect and the drugs made her lose common sense qualities altering her mood with these medications.

I urge everyone to get second opinions and make sure those who are diagnosed aren't truly just surrounded by A-Hats as I have been my entire life.

If you have groups of individuals trying to convince you something is off you may want to check your supportive structures.

Thank you to my son's local college for this free book via the library system.

No comments:

Post a Comment