Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Book Review: "The Searcher" By Tana French


 


“I got weary,” Cal says. “Bone-weary.” He did. Every morning got to be like waking up with the flu, knowing he had to trek miles up a mountain.”

The fact that Tana French created this whirl-wind relationship between the detective and this impressionable young boy (Trey) was quite the treat.


To add some extra flavor we learn of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the boy's brother and the hardships the characters have had to endure including moving to Ireland (without much closure as to why).


That brings me to the next point as we don't have those all inclusive answers to several questions and the plot as revealed was extremely slow to the point I lost interest.


Yes, it picked up at the 80% kindle marker but it was a lil to late for me as I prefer to be enticed throughout not left hanging to wonder without anything that lead me to seek further.

No comments:

Post a Comment