Saturday, November 28, 2020

Book Review: "It's Never Too Late" By Kathie Lee Gifford



Awe Inspiring! Beautiful! Elegant! Tenacious! Assertive not Aggressive!

I used the latter in responding because I was once told I was too aggressive, entitled, bossy, biotch, etc... it's these labels that many use to downplay their own insecurities and false sense of selves.

I bring this to light because Kathie Lee Gifford was also never given a fair shot at life and she managed to put her enablers to shame by showing herself in a better light rather than a bitter format.

This is what every woman strives to achieve in a world ruled by men with women making significant grounds and standing tall, proud, and beautifully in their own skin.

A powerful woman is a woman who refuses to settle for less than she deserves. No matter how much she was berated, chastised, criticized unfairly -she didn't let it get her- because she is a child of God.

Her faith is just one of many things that ignited her power. Her family support, her love of life, the ability to not only give but receive in a marriage was and is a blessing.

I've not known much about Kathie and wasn't a fan of her singing but I have to give her credit she made it her own, she wrote, she sang, she performed, and she made a name for herself and you have to give her credit.

Lord knows this is not an easy life.. Her responses to those who spoke ill against her was splendid and crafted to perfection. Rather than call them what they were she used her faith to drive them towards the light of love rather than hatred and anger.
I'm old school and didn't particularly believe in her marriage to Frank and his numerous affairs because I believe once a dog always a dog and quite frankly this man didn't deserve her goodness but you can read that for yourself and for your own opinions. https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/ka...
What I can note is she is a forgiving woman albeit one that wouldn't last in my home because I married a serial cheater who had an affair with a married woman and adopted the child out w/o his wife (ME) ever knowing till divorce. I later learned this child was given up two days prior to my 2nd child with this man during an 11 yr marriage.

There's something called forgiveness and another called 'insanity' and doing the same over and over with same result is not my thing.

I did enjoy this book as it was well written, informative, and special to read for those of us who admired her on the Today Show as well as with Regis as they made one hell of a duo that could never be duplicated.

That energy, that smile, that sensational journalism and character cannot be duplicated and what her and Regis shared on and off tv was pure magic.

Thank you both for these wonderful memories and thank you for sharing your story with all of us to enjoy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment