Monday, November 9, 2020

Book Review: "Heartbreak Bay" By Rachel Caine



My heart breaks upon learning the news that our most loved author has passed- Rachel Caine-aka-Roxanne Longstreet Conrad-was one hell of a fighter and I know this because cancer sucks yet she was always the most upbeat, inspirational, motivational woman that you could ever want to meet.

I've sadly never met her in person but I was moved to tears reading of the love she shared with her husband of nearly 30 years via Twitter. https://preview.mailerlite.com/x6r7e1 

I'm currently battling HUS a fatal blood disorder with severe anemia and severe spinal stenosis among many other auto immune/blood disorder issues & I've often spent hours reading her books in our cancer center at the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry Cancer Center while receiving iron transfusions. 

She brought such insight, thrills, and those incredible chills to every thriller piece of fiction and it's no wonder as she's created such a lasting legacy for us all to enjoy! In fact the StillHouse Lake series for me took me back to memories living lakeside in Bear Creek Pennsylvania at our lakefront home Mountain Lake. So much so, that I was blessed to have received a copy of Rachel Caine's works from Ba Paris and St. Martin's Press exclusively because I couldn't locate them locally and I'm forever grateful to them both for introducing me to her work years ago.

This newest work almost doesn't seem fair to rate knowing the above but she was battling a storm that never waivered her mental capacity from what I've read here..

Heartbreak Bay centered around two kids found in a submerged vehicle with two detectives and friends being placed on the case to investigate.

Surely, the latter female knows what it's like to be married to a sociopath and I can't possibly imagine a better character to weather the storm together than with Gwenn *(serial killer spouse Melvin Royal) and Kezia on the prowl to bring this madman case to a close.

All in all this book was a book that moved me to another dimension that only Rachel could place me in and when she writes her words ring like a bell off each and every page.

Her works speaks volumes and her family and friends should not mourn the loss but celebrate her wonderful life.

Thank you to Rachel Caine (my hero in the cancer world) her publisher, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest celebratory review of one of the best thriller writers of her time.


No comments:

Post a Comment