Monday, November 23, 2020

Book Review: "Empty" By Susan Burton

 




Sometimes there's a memoir that comes around that just puts you in awe of the person writing it because you know it's heartfelt yet the writing wasn't that compelling, enticing, or sadly inviting.

I know some of what this author notes because while I'm not from divorced parents I was abused in many forms, I was a former model, we were anorexic and bulimic, & eating was based not on nutrition but on calories which was devastating.

That relationship with food as you can imagine controls one's life and it's hard to overcome without a strong supportive system with quality nutritional guidance.

I wish my younger self had picked up this book when I was a teen because this would've been more appropriate timing for me but after living this life of the 'white porcelain bowl' lifestyle I get it but don't miss it.

I've been all over the scale from as tiny as a size 4 to size 12 and the comfort zone area is 8-10.

It's not easy to stay laser focused and preach your value like this author so my hat's off to her courage to come forward.

It's a valuable lesson as to how easy it's to fall prey to food, body image, and self worth.

We as women must be comfortable in our own skin with our own appearances. 

Embrace you -you deserve it~!


No comments:

Post a Comment