Saturday, November 21, 2020

Book Review: "They Wish They Were Us" By Jessica Goodman



They Wish They Were Us was an interesting player's club only membership in which everyone seemed to be feeding off the other and everyone was a 'player' or so dubbed in this drama.

However, I came for the cake not just the icing and for me this didn't have any substance but rather plenty of trash talkers trying to get famous off the backs of others.

As it was situated it was a slow burn but nothing that required Vaseline to get over it. Instead, it played on and on with wordy sentences but not much thrill.

I wish I could give this more than what I have but it wasn't my cup of tea, latte, or hot cocoa.

I hope you find this well and remember -variety is the spice of life as I may just be in the minority on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment