Monday, November 9, 2020

Book Review: "You Love Me" By Caroline Kepnes

 


You Love Me or does Joe only love himself?!

Now look- I get the whole sociopath, narcissistic, alpha male appeal-hell- I married their leader and happily threw him back to the pond for the rest of the fish-but this had me in an uncanny spot.
For example: This man spoke as if he was God, King, and it was egotistical and obnoxious but that's just me. His relationships with others were shallow, conceited, and cold and it was bizarre to say the least viewing them from his viewpoint.
In addition, these women seemed to be in 'need' and I'm not a fan of this type of 'saving' as the strong feminine is more my cup of tea.
I do however love Caroline Kepnes work and so this will not spoil me from engulfing any and all of her work as she's a great writer in her own right.
Lets just say the betrayals, affairs, divorcing or not, distrust, and level of conceit is not for me but I get it -I do!
The ending for me felt a bit rushed too with a sudden slip up as I've come to know them and it feels like being tossed overboard without the lifejacket without any closure.
Sometimes you find in life people do crazy things to get what they think they want but in the end there's plenty of 'fool's gold' that still sparkles in the sun.
Thank you to Caroline, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment